Bachelors in Data Science and Business Analytics is a 3 years full-time undergraduate course that facilitates one to learn technical skills and practical insight to Data Science. The aim is to teach students how to Implement algorithms for fundamental data science tasks such as machine learning and data mining, statistical inference etc, using a high-level language which is suitable for data science
The program combines theory and practice to enable graduates of the program to meet the demands of the data-driven economy of the future.
The program aims at
- Enabling students to apply theory and methodologies of several data science-oriented topics in statistics and computing to solve problems in real-world contexts.
- Providing students with data management and machine learning skills to design and implement reliable solutions for data-oriented problems.
- Providing students with a strong sense of social commitment, global vision and independent self-learning ability.
University of Mumbai
Globally recognised degree from the prestigious 160 years old University of Mumbai. Campus placed at renowned Patkar-Varde college having ‘A+ Grade’ by NAAC.
Faculties from industry and academia provide a perfect amalgamation of theory and real-life case studies for analyzing and extracting insight from data.
Learning Management System
Revisit, rethink and revise lectures through a Virtual Campus making learning experiences much simpler, interactive and personalized.
100% Placement Assistance
The placement cell has been set up to guide students to communicate technical ideas effectively, help them in resume building and assist them with job placement.
Programming softwares / tools covered
“Knowledge is of no value unless you put it into practice and practice is never possible without a deep knowledge”
Theory subjects like Statistics, Data structures, machine learning and time series lead to a deeper understanding of a concept through seeing it in context of a greater whole and understanding the why behind it.
Practical learning of tools like Python, SQL and Power BI provides hand on to be able to communicate technical ideas effectively through both programming and data visualisation tools.
Application Based Learning
These guest lectures are delivered by experienced professionals from the industry to provide insights of the work-life and ground realities of real-world challenges to keep students informed about the latest happenings in the Industry.
Working on case studies gives hands-on experience to solve real-world problems and sharpen skills. They are an important step in a student journey to become data fluent and help them build their data science portfolio.
Experience based Learning
Internships are a way to build one’s résumé, get experience and build connections helping students to be more well-rounded and increase their breadth of knowledge and experience when joining the workforce full-time.
Project based learning is a non-traditional education model that structures curriculum around discrete projects, presenting students with multi-step problems to solve and use multiple learning techniques including research, logical deduction, and iterative learning.
Open for students of all streams (Science/Commerce/Arts) who have a keen interest in statistics, programming and data analysis to develop a business acumen.
There are 2 ways to become eligible for this course:
Cleared class 12 Examination (HSC or it’s equivalent) with 75% and above.
Cleared Quantitative Aptitude Test (QAT) and Personal Interview round.
This semester introduces students to the basics of statistical analysis and programming tools to learn how to apply theory and methodologies of several data science-oriented topics in mathematics, statistics and computing to solve problems in real-world contexts.
- Probability and Statistics
- Linear Algebra and Basics of Calculus
- Basics of Object-Oriented Programming
- Excel Analytics
- Introduction to Python Programming
This semester includes inferential statistics along with data base management providing students with the technical and analytical skills required for acquiring, managing, analyzing and extracting insight from data using R, Python and VBA.
- Inferential Statistics
- Data Structures
- Database Management System – DBMS
- Introduction to R Programming
- Application of Statistics using Python
- Automation and Products in Excel – VBA
This semester introduces forecasting using time series,data visualization and apply inference procedures to analyze big data using HADOOP to interpret and communicate results via data visualisation tools like Power BI.
- Design and Analysis of Algorithm
- Algorithms in R and Python
- Fundamentals of Operating Systems
- Time Series Analysis
- Data Visualization using Power BI
- Big Data Architecture and Ecosystem
This semester introduces basics of ML, data mining to clean, transform and query data, data security enabling students to assess the level of privacy and security of a technical solution to a data science problem.
- Fundamentals of Pattern Recognition
- Pattern Recognition in R and Python
- Data Security
- Distributed Processing using HADOOP
- Data Mining and Warehousing
- Web and Social Media Analytics
Implement algorithms for fundamental data science tasks such as machine learning and next-generation databases using a high-level language which is suitable for data science.
- Machine Learning
- Machine Learning in R and Python
- Next Generation Databases
- Image and Video Analytics
In this semester students learn to apply contemporary computing technologies, such as Internet Of Things, Artificial Intelligence,Cloud Computing, to solve practical problems characterized by big data.
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Latest Trends in Internet Technologies
- Application using Apache Spark and Scala
- Business Communication
- Business Intelligence Reporting
- Project work – Electives
- Financial Analytics
- Marketing Analytics