Admission of students in the Degree Courses will be on the basis of the aggregate marks in the qualifying examination or its equivalent, for both the Undergraduate (UG) and the Postgraduate (PG) courses, unless specified otherwise.
All applications for admissions to any UG or PG degree course should be submitted by the date notified by the College. Late applications may not be accepted.
Admissions will be considered to be completed only when the full fees for the academic year are paid (against an official receipt) and the name of the applicant appears on the relevant rolls. Only the Principal can condone payment in full or allow payment in part.
All UG and PG admissions are valid only for one year and are therefore to be renewed for each subsequent year of study.
A student will not be re-admitted to the College if he / she has:
- Had three unsuccessful attempts at the same examination.
- Been debarred twice within the first four semesters.
- Serious complaints of indiscipline against him / her in that year.
The primary criterion for admission to SDBI is academic excellence. We look for your preparation and potential to succeed.
- Register yourself
- Complete your profile and upload the supporting documents.
- Read the eligibility criteria’s and accordingly register for QAT (if required) from your login
- Apply for admission after successfully clearing the QAT exam
If you are unable to apply online, please contact the Admissions Office for details of how to apply:
Data Science courses at SDBI are open for candidates from all streams
For admission in Bachelor’s in Data Science and Business Analytics:
- Above 75% in Class 12: Direct Admission on Merit Basis
- Below 75%: Need to clear QAT and Personal Interview
Note: You do not have to wait for 12th results to apply for QAT and secure admission.
For admission in Master’s in Data Science and Business Analytics:
- Above 60% in Graduation: Direct Admission on Merit Basis
- Below 60%: Need to clear QAT and Personal Interview
Note: You do not have to wait for Graduation results to apply for QAT and secure admission.
What is QAT?
- Quantitative Aptitude Test is a Multiple-Choice Questions entrance test at SDBI which is based on Mathematics and Statistics (70%) and English (30%)
- Since the Degree can be opted by students from all Streams (Given they have opted for Mathematics) and All Boards, to remove any disparity QAT acts as a means of getting all students at par who opt for the Degree at SDBI and removes any room for biasness.
QAT for Bachelor’s Degree
Students will be tested on the topics from their 11-12th syllabus: (Please make a table like below or any other format which you feel would look good)
|Total Duration:||2 hrs (120 mins)|
|Total no of Questions:||70|
|Sectional Details:||Maths & Stats (70%)
English / Verbal Ability (30%)
|Incorrect Answer:||25% Negative Marking|
|Passing % for the current intake of 2019:||50%|
- After successful registration, students will be able to download the sample question paper for the examination from their profile.
- It is an Online MCQ test that candidates can write from home.
- Candidates need to choose their exam slot confirming the day and time of exam while registering for QAT.
- In case of any difficulty, get in touch with Admissions teams on +9173175570860 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Syllabus for QAT
- Sets, Relations and Functions
- Series and sequences
- Differentiation and Integration
- Limit and Continuity
- Permutations and Combinations
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of dispersion
- Random variable
- Discrete probability distributions
- Tenses and types of sentences
- Clauses and reported speech
- Uses of “too” and “enough”
- Modal auxiliaries, articles and prepositions
- Linking Words
- Word Formation
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Sentence Correction
1,07,500 (Fees per semester)
1,74,288 (Fees per semester)
60,434 (Fees per semester)
54,845 (Fees per semester)
- School of Data Science and Business Intelligence offers scholarships to its students based on their academic merit.
- Scholarships can go from 10% up to 40% of the total fees granted based on student’s academic achievements.
- The financial need scholarships will be based on demonstrated financial need through a financial/income statement.
- Please note that you cannot apply for scholarships until you have been offered a place.
- SDBI reserves the right, at its sole discretion to award or not award any scholarship to any student and/or to change the number of scholarships awarded, their eligibility requirements or any other aspect of the financial aid program.
Pay After Placement:
In the interest of our students, SDBI has come up with a unique scholarship policy called “Pay after Placement”
- Enrol yourself with SDBI by filling the application form.
- If you satisfy our cut-off for Pay after Placement, you will receive a mail from us.
- Pay a nominal fee per semester and remaining fees only after you get a job. Nominal fees charged per semester will be:
- BSc.- 65,000/-
- MSc.- 95,000/-